Tuesday, January 6, 2009

For a start ...

To complete the assessment, presentation alone is not enough. Usually, the students are required to write a term paper. For quite some times engaging to that method, I finally get the idea to start converting paper-writing to blog-writing, and it all happened from the last semester. Since then, I think the idea is quite allright and fruitful.

The rational of doing so, mainly because I want reduce the tendency of cut-paste risk since whatever they write will be globally read and they need to be responsible when quoting anyone ideas or otherwise they were about to commit the crime of plagiarism. Guess, I'm killing two birds with one stone then.

Ermmm .. don’t tell anyone, but the real reason for this is to save myself from boredom reading their ever copy-paste assignment! And, now I relieved my burden (of boredom) to you, too! Hehehe … evil: evil: evil:

I don’t feel like discussing what the positive effect of doing this. It is up to them to think by their own. But, deep down I do hope that they will benefit something from this kind of exercise. If they get more than I hope, it will be bonus for them.

Point being, it is an effort to make them think out loud what they have inside their minds. They may not actively participate in class for some understandable reasons. So, this is good avenue for them to channel their wandering minds' output.

Never mind all the grammatical concerns (my grammar also rusty!). It is their thoughts and ideas that matter. At least they proved that their brain is working.

No comments: