Thursday, April 2, 2009

Round: Misery Business



Halloo everybody! Maybe this is our last task… Last Sunday...Our beloved lecturer Miss Fisha, had given some “souvenir” for us for last class.. ;-p

à We have to choose the number and get the question on the spot and discuss in 10 minutes with PRECISELY & CREATIVE and too many actor and actress in our class actually..;-p

The lucky question no 5 is_______ the presentation began...

REEN: Hallo everybody, you know what? My lecturer gives one question about Can dysfunctional conflict change to functional conflict….. I’m confusing you know…emm... Hah, friends have you been heard about dysfunctional and functional conflict? I need your explanation and opinion regarding this question….

MIRA: Reen..owh my cute friend..As I understand…but how can I relate them to the organization? Daus, you as the ‘most’ handsome boy in the world, can you give me an example how to relate it?

‘THE HANDSOME BOY IN THE WORLD’,DAUS: OF COURSE…as I know there are three types of conflict in the organization which are task conflict, relationship conflict and process conflict. For me, the relationship conflict is the most suitable example for the dysfunctional conflict. For example, in the organization there had married couple who work in the same department. One day, they have conflict regarding to their personal matter and brought it to the office. Of course it will effect to their performance as they cannot concentrate to their work as it is involve emotional feeling.. Understand Mira?

REEN: Not really, I’m still confused…

SOFIA: Dear friend, let me give another example thoroughly about the situation that Daus gave, Let say, in the one company, Mrs. Most Beautiful and Mr. Not So Handsome are in the one company they are husband and wife they also are both managers, and they are also getting a divorce so that I bet they had a conflict in their home but, in the company even they had a conflict and they discuss anything about work that achieving a same goal it become a functional conflict, As a managers also they have to show their professionalism towards their workers and encouraging their workers to work smart to achieve the goal

FATIHAH: Can I add some more? The interactionist view does not propose all conflicts are good. Rather some conflicts support the goals if the group and improve its performance, this are functional, constructive forms of conflicts. Additionally, there are conflicts that hinder group performance; these are dysfunctional or destructive forms of conflict

REEN: Owhh… now I get some view from your explanations, means that as I understand here, a group member may perceive an action as dysfunctional, in that the outcome is personally dissatisfying to him or her in the group. However, that action would be functional IF IT FURTHERS THE OBJECTIVES OF THE GROUP

MIRA, DAUS, SOFIA, FATIHAH: Absolutely correct! Haha, such a smart person

REEN: Yes as you all wish, by the way, thank you all for your cooperation. This evening we will have a dinner at Pizza Hut, you all can count on me ($$$$)

MIRA, DAUS, SOFIA, FATIHAH: Hooray!

No comments: